Re: (PM) PAP Authorization gone Sour.. (fwd)

Kelley Lingerfelt (pm2e@cococo.net)
Tue, 4 Nov 1997 04:24:04 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 4 Nov 1997, MegaZone wrote:

> Once upon a time Kelley Lingerfelt shaped the electrons to say...
> >before, during the PAP Authorization, the password sent is just a bunch of
> >gibberish, he is typing in his password, it is just a plain jane pasword.
>
> What if he uses hyperterminal or something like that? Can he connect?
>
> I have never seen something like this, and I can't find the settings on
> my Win95 box for this. But I'm configured for ethernet, and I have IE 4.0
> with Active Desktop installed so it changes a lot of things. (I know,
> but I'm officially an invited expert to the W3C and I need to test things
> at home - and for the book.)
>
> Sounds like Win95 is encoding it for some reason.

I suspect what Jacob referred to is the problem, I haven't been in
contact since I read his message. It makes perfect sense. I stated that we
walked through setting up another dialup adapter, it was actually more
like he walked through it. I'll let you know what I find out. I bet he set
the part where it says use encrypted password. It's not a default, so he
would have had to check it. I'll find out tomorrow(later today)

Later
Kelley