Re: (PM) Livingston manager spamming!

Damien T. (damient@livewire.comsec.net)
Sun, 2 Nov 1997 12:01:47 -0800 (PST)

At 01:08 AM 11/2/97 -0700, Stephen Fisher wrote:

>On Sat, 1 Nov 1997, Damien T. wrote:
>> I've jumped into the frey here for two reasons. The first is that my
>> impression of Mike is that he's a cool guy just trying to do his job.
>> The second is that I would far rather receive an unsolicited e-mail from
>> Mike than the unsolicited phone calls I get on a weekly basis from
>> marketing folks at USR and Bay Networks. The phone calls tie up my
>
>Don't forget Ascend.

Heh! Well Steve, Ascend doesn't call very often <g>! I still have not
forgotten the Ascend SPAM to this mailing list around this time last year
though...or the SPAM from the Canadian sales goober for "the VAR that used
to sell Livingston until they fell from grace and now pushes Computone
terminal servers instead" who spewed forth a comparison between the PM3 and
the USR TC chassis which was riddled with inaccurancies (to be polite about it).

Those are the only two SPAM incidents that got me riled. The rest are
simply deleted.

Damien