(PM) USR Marketing (was Livingston manager spamming! )

Don Lashier (dl@newportnet.com)
Sun, 02 Nov 1997 11:55:19 -0800

On 11/2/97, at 11:18 AM, Ian McLaughlin wrote:
>they eventually admitted that it was from warranty registrations
>of USR modems, and didn't have anything to do with the
>customer requesting X2 from us. Apparently, they collate
>the email addresses from their registrations, and target
>the ISPs of those customers.

My customers tell me that Dell won't substitute a K56flex
for the USR X2 modem. My guess is that USR pulled a M$ here
and is giving OEM's a steep discount if they agree to only
bundle X2. Someone should call Janet.

Don