Re: (PM) Livingston manager spamming!

Damien T. (damient@livewire.comsec.net)
Sun, 2 Nov 1997 11:34:44 -0800 (PST)

At 10:45 PM 11/1/97 -0800, Dave Overton wrote:
>If one more "US Robotics Representative" calls me pitching x2 I am going to
>scream, Mike's letters are MUCH easier to deal with. Even if I do get it
>twice....

Heh! Yeah, during the last call I received the woman was explaining to me
how USR owns 70% of the desktop modem market. When I explained that
Rockwell chipsets were in more than 70% of the modems manufactured, and I'd
never heard of USR having 70% market share, and I'd like to know where she
was getting that number, she said she'd research that information and fax it
to me. Never did receive that...just a bunch o' product datasheets. I'll
have to call her back on Monday and ask her to back up her 70% claim...else
I'm calling Janet Reno <g>!

>Why is it that I only answer the phone 2 or 3 times a day, and its always a
>salesman? And the front office wonders why I never answer the phone....

And I'm glad it's not just me. Does your intercom ring with the phrase
"Line 3 is for you, and it sounds like a sales guy..." as well? Heh!

Damien