Re: Bogus DCD+

Andy Doolittle (andy@server.livingston.com)
Wed, 27 Aug 1997 13:19:56 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 27 Aug 1997, Stephen Zedalis wrote:

> Hey, is dipswitch S1 in the up position?? And have you tried a
> set s0 modem on? My guess is that you still have it set for console.

Nope - wouldn't show 115200 in active if S1 was up.

> On Tue, 26 Aug 1997, Christopher H. Dow wrote:
>
> >I got a PortMaster ISDN Office Router today. Installation was going
> >fine until we noticed that carrier was always detected. I could talk to
> >the modem just fine, but the PortMaster still detected carrier. I
> >trudged through the modem manuals for a while, and found the command for
> >turing off carrier detect (at&c1), but that didn't solve the problem,
> >either. I then disconnected the serial cable from s0 and guess what?
> >It still detected carrier. Here is the output from show s0 (with the
> >cable to s0 disconnect from the PortMaster):

andy
++++
In Redmond, no one can hear you scream ...

My opinions, of course, are my own, unless they were given to me by my
employer.

Andrew Doolittle - Sr. Engineer Livingston Enterprises
email: andy@livingston.com vmail: (800)458-9966
smail: 4464 Willow Road, Pleasanton, CA 94588