Re: comos 3.7 disconnects

Chris Evoy (CEvoy@lonet.ca)
Sat, 23 Aug 1997 11:33:16 -0400

I have downgraded all units to the old cards and 3.5c6 comos and all are
users are happy again. (except those with 56k modems :). We saw terrible
disconnect problems with a *lot* of different modems. Livingston tech
support, which I opened a ticket with first thing yesterday morning, never
got back to me even though I told them I could be paged 24/7 if it was
after hours. I had no choice but to downgrade everything even though when I
called tech support to tell them I was about to do this because I could not
wait any longer with thousands of users breathing down our necks, they
suggested this was *not* a good idea. "it may cause more problems than it
fixes and if you hang on a little longer someone will get right to you" I
was told. Well I am still waiting and I *did* downgrade and it did *not*
break more than it fixed. The support lines are quiet again and all is
well. If I still only have 21 days to return my old cards, it looks like
you will be getting the new ones back because they and/or the comos is
*not* ready for Prime Time.

Now that I have my whining out of the way. I have always been a big
supporter of Livingston and still am. I loved my pm2's and I love my pm3's
but I was *not* one of those customers whining about "when will the $#@##
56k cards be here". I was patient and would have preferred that the product
/WAS/ ready for prime time. I think an extension on the 21 day return
policy for old cards be extended until the obvious problems have been
corrected.

Chris Evoy
HyperNet
cevoy@lonet.ca