Re: USR Sporsters & Disconnects with new K56Flex modems

Jaime Bozza (wheelman@nuc.net)
Mon, 18 Aug 1997 10:19:53 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 18 Aug 1997, Sam wrote:

> locks up. We dont get disconnected from the PM3, we just cant get any
> data from here to there, ie: we cant ping anything. Its particulary
> frustrating since this problem just started occurring since when upgraded
> to ComOS 3.7 with the new Lucent cards. Anyone else having this problem?

Similar problem here. One customer (USR Sportster Voice 33.6 PNP) will
connect and get one of two things. Either he gets an immediate disconnect
(Port Error - Exceeded LAPM retransmission limit) or a "lockup" and then
about a minute later the disconnect (User Request - Call Circuit Closed)

Neither case did he request. I was on the phone with him when one of the
lockups happened. I had him connect to my desktop (USR Courier modem),
and received 33.6K every time, with no line noise that I could see. (The
ARQ light was very solid)

Jaime Bozza
Nucleus Communications, Inc.