Re: Caveat Emptor re K56Flex client modems

Richard Hodges (rh@alpine.net)
Thu, 14 Aug 1997 20:50:29 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 14 Aug 1997, Larry Vaden wrote:

> We've had very poor luck buying K56Flex modems for compatibility testing in
> the Dallas retail market place, something we decided to do to improve
> customer relations.
>
> We've bought 8 so far; only two were ready to go. The Zoom (previously
> reported by Karl Denninger) and the Jotan Traveller 56 (actually an
> internal ISA modem).

The Jaton is pretty nice. You can easily turn off Plug-N-Play. You
can pick IRQ 3,4,5,7,9,10,12,15 from a jumper block. It comes with
headphones with boom mike. For about $95...

And I had a customer today tell me how much better it is now
that he has a 56k modem... <shrug> (I am 920-something --
and that's BEFORE that letter...)

All the best,

-Richard

Richard Hodges | (702) 888-3000