Re: Hayes 56K (Again)

Karl Denninger (karl@Mcs.Net)
Fri, 15 Aug 1997 21:54:22 -0500

On Fri, Aug 15, 1997 at 07:11:35PM -0700, Marty Likier wrote:
> At 05:28 PM 8/15/97 -0700, Stefan Hudson wrote:
> >> No it does not say "free flash upgradeable to the new standard", I believe
> >> it says "free upgrade to the ITU standard". I take it they will do this
> >> via replacement modems. And according to Hayes, it doesn't say "free
> >> incremental upgrades for every software revision until the standard comes
> >> out".
> >
> >For what it's worth, my partner reports that Wendy Miller at Livingston
> >told him that Hayes will be releasing K56flex 1.0 flash upgrades on
> >Aug 22. Also, according to Hayes' web site, the only modems that
> >are not flash programable are a few early production units, and they
> >will be upgraded for free.
>
> I just received an email from the director of marketing at Hayes and he
> confirmed that they will be placing the v1.0 flash image on their web
> server next week. Appearantly they do more testing (before release) than
> other modem vendors. ;-) Actually, I really can't slight them for that claim.
> --
> Marty Likier
> Product Marketing Mgr.
> marty@livingston.com

The Zoom updater is available off our web site.

PLEASE use it judiciously -- it is not fully tested, and you CAN slag modems
with it if it blows up on you.

Look under "what's new"; its the top item.

Karl Denninger (karl@MCS.Net)| MCSNet - The Finest Internet Connectivity
http://www.mcs.net/~karl     | T1's from $600 monthly to FULL DS-3 Service
			     | 99 Analog numbers, 77 ISDN, http://www.mcs.net/
Voice: [+1 312 803-MCS1 x219]| NOW Serving 56kbps DIGITAL on our analog lines!
Fax:   [+1 312 803-4929]     | 2 FULL DS-3 Internet links; 400Mbps B/W Internal