Re: ISDN Cause Code 81

Sherwood Portmaster-List (livingston@iav.com)
Sun, 10 Aug 1997 09:06:58 -1000 (HST)

On Sun, 10 Aug 1997, Larry Vaden wrote:

> At one of our GTE pops, we have 3 different ISDN hunt groups connected to
> PM3s.
>
> The first hunt group works as expected. The 2nd and 3rd do not.
>
> Hunt group 1 is connected to line0 of multiple PM3s. Hunt group 2 is
> connected to line1 of multiple PM3s. Hunt group 3 is for dedicated
> customers and is terminated into a single PM3.
>
> GTE provisioning has been unable to find any configuration differences to
> date on their end.

They are full of SHIT! 8) sorry for the profanity... we had a third PRI
put in and after a month of back and forth with them, it 'magically'
worked. The Admin at the CO claims nothing was changed...

I'm now pissed that I can call out with either PM3 back to myself and
connect with ISDN but no one else can! This includes 3com Impacts and USR
I-modems from completely different areas.

> 3com Impacts can not connect at 128K to hunt group 2 or 3, but can connect
> to hunt group 1.
>
> The ISDN cause code is 81. The CO has a GTD5 and, to my knowledge, all 3
> PM3s are identically configured.

Also use GTD-5 here...

> Does anyone have any suggestions?

Start logging the times and gist of your conversation with the telco. Log
problems you are experiencing... Take these logs to your local Public
Utilities Commision and ask for some arbitration to solve the
difficulties.

Livingston support may be able to call into your line to verify, but,
*shrug* I really think the Telco is messed up!

If you do get an answer about this, please post back! I'll take any
nuggets of info to fix a problem with getting ISDN to work on the GTD-5...

> MZ often says this is not the formal support channel; does anyone know if
> there is a www searchable index of the "real" support answers given customers?

'Real' support is available 6-6 PST from Livingston phone support
1-800-458-9966, ugh, I have it memorized... press 1 for support... ;)

They work on a call-back normally, unless it's like a life-and-death
situation.

Otherwise, e-mail directly, do NOT cc to the list, to
support@livingston.com

--
Aloha from Paradise,

Sherwood