Re: ComOS Open Beta for PM-3, PM-25, IRX

Tim Flavin (tim@i1.net)
Sat, 9 Aug 1997 04:35:08 -0500 (CDT)

On Sat, 9 Aug 1997, Larry Vaden wrote:

> At 03:00 PM 6/26/97 -0700, Carl Rigney wrote:
> >
> >The PortMaster 3 now includes the Connect-Info Attribute in both RADIUS
> >Access-Request and Accounting-Request packets, providing information on
> >the connect speed and modem protocols used. To use Connect-Info, add
> >the following line to the RADIUS /etc/raddb/dictionary file, kill and
> >restart radiusd:
> >
> >ATTRIBUTE Connect-Info 77 string
> >
> >Previous beta releases used Attribute 65 for this; update your
> >dictionary file to use 77 now instead. If you are using the
> >Connect-Rate check-item in Livingston RADIUS Server 2.0.1, you must
> >also edit the radius.h file and change PW_CONNECT_INFO from 65 to 77,
> >then recompile. If you are not using Connect-Rate, then no
> >recompilation is required, just change the dictionary file.
>
> Does this essentially mean that a mix of PM2s running Livingston PortMaster
> PM-2e ComOS 3.5.1b17 and PM3s Livingston PortMaster PM-2e ComOS 3.5.1b20
> can not use the same radius server if one elects to use the Connect-Rate
> check-item?
>
> If so, when will there be available compatible OSs for the PM2 and PM3 with
> regard to this matter?

Maybe I'm missing your point, but a PM2 would not have this info anyway
unless it had PM3ish type modems in it. The 5BRI card does spit it out,
but since it is ISDN only, you can pretty well guess it's either 56k or
64k

Tim Flavin Internet Access for St Louis & Chicago
Internet 1st, Inc Toll Free Sales & Support 800-875-3173
http://www.i1.net For more information email info@i1.net