Re: are the 56K cards shipping or are they not ?

Jordan Mendelson (jordy@snappy.wserv.com)
Thu, 7 Aug 1997 11:59:10 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 7 Aug 1997, Mike Tancsa wrote:

> I spoke with Livingston sales today and they told me that the cards ARE
> shipping, and have been shipping since last week. Yet info on this list
> seems to indicate that they are NOT shipping. Can someone at Livingston
> confirm what exactly is going on as of today ? I would just like to know
> either way.

Well, yes. Cards have shipped. 12 of them in fact, but not to anyone who
didn't already have beta cards. They have stopped shipping because of
imcompatibilities with USR modems.

I'm kind of curious if that is a hardware or software problem. It seems to
me it would be a software problem in which case they shouldn't have
stopped shipping of the hardware.

I'm guessing you'll get your cards some time near Christmas.

Jordan

--
Jordan Mendelson     : www.wserv.com/~jordy/
Web Services, Inc.   : www.wserv.com