Trade in modems and PMs

Brian Elfert (brian@citilink.com)
Thu, 31 Jul 1997 12:50:06 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 31 Jul 1997, Jake Messinger wrote:

> BTW, what do you think Livingston is going to do with all those NON
> livingston term servers and modems they get in the pm 3 trade-up deal?

The Portmasters will probably be used for warranty replacements after they
are refurbished.

I'll bet the modems will be sold to one of those surplus electronics
places for a few $ each, ar maybe Livingston will just destroy the modems.

(I once bought a expensive bicycle in a special promotion where I get
several hundred dollars off for trading in an old bicycle. The bike shop
just told me to keep the old bike, as they didn't sell used bikes, and it
was worthless to them. I got $100 out of the old bike.)

Brian