Re: PRI status LEDs

Kelley Lingerfelt (pm2e@cococo.net)
Thu, 31 Jul 1997 04:35:21 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 31 Jul 1997, Stephen Fisher wrote:

> On Thu, 31 Jul 1997, Kelley Lingerfelt wrote:
>
> If the D channel isn't functioning I doubt those users would be connected
> for much longer, but I could be wrong.

Oh half of them are still doing just fine, the other half went to bed I
guess. I was only kidding about that.

> > many people comment that they had red leds all the time and everything
> > was functioning just fine. So the real question is, can anything useful
> > be deduced from the LEDs?
>
> >From the manual "Portmaster 3 Installation Guide":
>
> Green Red Description
> OFF OFF The PRI line is disabled. Typically only occurs when the
> unit is booting.
> OFF ON There is no physical synchronization with the switch.
> ON ON The port is physically synchronized with the switch, but D
> channel signalling is not up.
> ON OFF The line is fully operational.

The above is exactly what I was referring to, when I posed the
question.

> I think I remember things about different ComOS's handling the LEDs
> differently though?

Now that is a new one on me there. I don't recall ever hearing that. I
have looked through a couple of the release notes, but haven't found any
reference to this. But, the one that has the red LED is running 3.5.1b20
and the other PM3 is running 3.5c6. Funny thing is that the one with the
red LED on line0, has line1 with just the one green LED on.

Later
Kelley