Re: PM3 Multichassis MPPP on ISDN and Modem connections

Tom Samplonius (tom@sdf.com)
Wed, 30 Jul 1997 23:19:06 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 31 Jul 1997, Anthony Green (HTAL) wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I think i missed all the discussion on the Multichassis MPPP for modem connections,
> which the PM3 *currently* does not support. Is there a archive of this list
> somewhere where i can pull them out, or alternatively, anyone want to give
> me a short overview? =)

Yes, no MP on modems. Any MP connection on the PM3
(currently just isdn), is supported over multiple channels.

> We have customers using MPP with modems on PM2e-30's (they just have to dial into

Nope, that isn't MP. It is Livingston serial line load balancing. Not
MP.

> Anyways, I have been talking to Livingston in Australia and Lidcam their distributers
> and will forward a request for Multichassis MPPP on modem dialups on PM3's to be
> be included in the PM3 IOS/rack.

Well, first Livingston has to support MP on modem connections. I assume
the multi-chassis stuff will come with that.

> If any of you have already done this, and got a response from Livingston I would be
> interested to hear the result.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> ninja@hutch.com.au
> Anthony Green
>
> Hutchison Internet Level 1, 40 Pacific Highway
> Technical Sales Consultant St Leonards NSW 2065
> Hutchison Telecommunications (Australia) Limited Phone: +61-2-99644888
> Telecommunications from Hutchison Whampoa Limited Fax: +61-2-99644848

Tom