Re: New CT1 tarriff from US West

Jonathan Lusky (lusky2@earth.voyageronline.net)
Thu, 31 Jul 1997 00:12:40 -0400 (EDT)

Jake Messinger writes:

> <WAY OFF TOPIC>
> NO NO! Hunt and call forward on busy are 2 DIFFERENT things. They do NOT
> work the same way. CFOB (call forward on busy) will only call forward 1
> incomming call (unless the call is from within the same CO and its a
> digital switch) Otherwise you WILL get a busy no matter HOW many open
> lines there are on a 2nd hunt group. I know this for ABSOLUTE fact as we
> just cancelled several isdn lines ordered for our new hybrid phone system
> after 4 weeks of working with SWBT to make it work. They weren't even sure
> but THOUGHT they could make it work.

The Lucent 5E code our local CO runs could be have number of
call-forward-busy calls set from 1 to 99. However, I don't believe
DMS100's are capable of that (going by what bell techs have told me).

> This is what we (SWBT and us) concluded...
>
> The ONLY way to make it work is order call forward on busy on the LAST
> line in the first hunt group,

Actually, you put it on the first... the last number in the hunt group
(assuming were talking 5E and a real multiline huntgroup, not series completion)
always rolls back to the start of the huntgroup, and that way you don't
have to go back and reconfigure it when you add more lines to that first
huntgroup.

> THEN you must pay for each additional path,
> which in Houston is $28/mo per line. So if you have 20 lines in a 2nd hunt
> group that you want to be hunted from the first hunt group, you will pay
> $28*20 EXTRA ON TOP of the $2 to $5 per line that you already pay for the
> hunt service.

Been there, done that (cept we already pay something like $26/line for
hunting here in Bellsouthland). Bell told us they'd roll our analog
hunt into our PRI's using call forward/busy for free, then turned around
a couple of months later and billed us something like $30/line for it... OUCH.

[ side note: we're scheduled to convert to all-PRI in 2 weeks, we'll have
168 Courier V.Everythings, 4 PM2E-30's, and one PM2E-20 --
http://www.vol.com/forsale/ ]

--
Jonathan R. Lusky		|  Voyager Online, LLC
Director of Network Operations	|  (423) 209-2929