Re: New CT1 tarriff from US West

James Laszko (james@tfbnet.com)
Wed, 30 Jul 1997 10:08:07 -0700

At 10:59 AM 7/30/97 -0500, you wrote:
>On Mon, 28 Jul 1997, Shawn Morris wrote:
>> I'm no telco genius, but this seems very similar to how are CT1's are
>> provisioned from GTE and we've had no problems.
>
>Have you had any success having the the CT1's hunt group hunt down to
>another hunt group, say POTS lines or even a circuit-switched voice BRI's?
>Apparently, US West will not even consider the possibility of hunting
>between "different types of services" even though I am sure it is
>possible. They say it is no big deal to hunt w/ 2 CT1's. Since the this
>new CT1 tariff seems to have flat rate outgoing calls, would it be
>possible to forward calls from the last trunk of the T1 to another hunt
>group?

Pac Bell has always told me that you can hunt (callforward on busy, really)
from POTS to CT1, but not the other way around. CT1 can fallover to
another trunk easily on fault or busy, but can't fallover to POTS.

James Laszko - Director, Technical Services
TFBnet (http://www.tfb.com)
james@tfbnet.com
P.O. Box 2828 - Fallbrook, CA - 92028 - USA
(760) 728-7920 [Voice], (760) 728-6572 [Fax]
We have enough youth, how about a fountain of SMART?