Re: Rates varying from state to state

Brian Elfert (brian@citilink.com)
Wed, 30 Jul 1997 09:37:02 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 29 Jul 1997, Jon Lewis wrote:

> I still don't understand how BS justifies such wildly different rates in
> different areas. Is providing a PRI really so much cheaper in Savanah
> than in Gainesville?

The rates they charge have to approved by the PUC in each state. Maybe
some states are more generous to Bellsouth than others?

US West seems to have done a fairly good job of keeping rates for digital
services pretty much the same across their 14 states. The prices are
outrageous in every state! US West charges somewhere right around $1900
for a data/voice PRI in each state they serve.

Brian