Re: Log Parser for NT - Binary not Perl?

Dale E. Reed Jr. (daler@iea.com)
Tue, 29 Jul 1997 12:21:30 -0700

Robert Hiltibidal wrote:

> > B) I am the only person in our organization that knows anything about Unix
> > (Certified SCO Unix Sys Admin). So guess who get's called on vacation/day
> > off/etc when someone else wants to get stats (like the President of the
> > company etc)
>
> I suspect the problem is there is very little if any supporting software
> for radius nt. Dale Reed was the last nt guru I've actually seen software
> from...not that there aren't more nt coders out there, I'm just not aware
> of them. Might be a different story if Microsoft released some free

This is my biggest battle. There is a multitude of support options out
there. They might not all be turn-key solution, but most people on this
list are not looking for turn-key solutions. If you take just RadiusNT
for your accounting and run it in ODBC mode, you have your calls
information
in a database (could be as simple as MS Access).

Now, the situation where the CEO wants stats. You gen up a bunch of
Crystal Report reports for him, give him icons to it on his desktop,
and you actually get to have a full vacation. Once you start getting
into ASP, Cold Fusion, ActiveX, and other DB technologies on the web,
you can make this all available to him through his web browser. Its
not tough, it might take a several hours to get together (and more
to get it acceptable to him), but hey, you're working towards something
you don't have to babysit and something you don't have to have a degree
or certification to use.

--
Dale E. Reed Jr.  (daler@iea.com)
       IEA Software, Inc.      |  RadiusNT, Emerald, and NT FAQs