Re: Free pm3's

Steven P. Crain (scrain@shore.net)
Tue, 29 Jul 1997 13:34:54 -0400 (EDT)

> On Mon, 28 Jul 1997, Robert Boyle wrote:
>
> > At 07:28 PM 07/28/97 -0700, Leonard <pmfan@infinetgroup.com> wrote:
> > >That's what the guys at solunet told us too. But the offer only applies to
> > >PM3s bought between sometime in the middle of this month till sept 30.
> >
> > Why would they do that only for new buyers? I was an early adopter. I
> > bought my first two units in December and I would like my free PM3...
> > Although I did buy another two this month so far.

I imagine that LE has an inventory of Chassis all installed with the old
cards and ComOS images. Its alot easier for them to ship them at a
discount and have us put the new cards in than to do it themselves.

I have often seen sales like that anyway. Get a great deal on an old
version with a free upgrade to the new version. Everybody is happy.

Steven P. Crain scrain@shore.net http://www.shore.net/~scrain
Shore.Net Unix Development and Administration
An ISP with Excellence in the Greater Boston Area.