Re: New CT1 tarriff from US West

Stephen Fisher (lithium@cia-g.com)
Tue, 29 Jul 1997 01:04:00 -0600 (MDT)

On Mon, 28 Jul 1997, Brian Elfert wrote:

> Big deal. The pricing I was quoted for this service is still more
> expensive than POTS lines. Why should I pay more for a service that

Maybe that's because it is *FAR* better than POTS lines? Plus, the new
pricing is $5-$10 cheaper than business POTS lines over here.

> allows US West to quit laying more and more copper to service our

Isn't that a good thing? They can pull copper into our buildings easy but
in the city it's hell.

> building? (US West has spent many $1000s out of their own pocket. We
> have paid nothing beyond standard install fees.)

Out here waiting for the copper to be pulled and attached is the killer.

> Recently, We choose to go with MCI Metro for local service, and we pay
> under $25 a channel per month for channelized T1 service.

I wish we had competition to US West in these smaller towns.

- Steve
- Systems Manager
- Community Internet Access, Inc.
- Gallup and Grants, New Mexico