Re: New CT1 tarriff from US West

Brian Elfert (brian@citilink.com)
Mon, 28 Jul 1997 22:47:06 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 28 Jul 1997, Luther D. Keal wrote:

> YIPPE YIPPPEEEEE YIPEEEEEE. This is a answered prayer!!!!!!!!!!
>
> On Mon, 28 Jul 1997, PM Mailing List wrote:
>

> > US West just came out with a new tariff called Uniform Access Solution
> > that is a new twist on their Channelized T1s. It is about 1/3 cheaper
> > than their regular CT1s by stripping the service of all unnecessary
> > features, they claim. Does anyone know if this will work okay, plugged
> > into a PM3? Attached is the fax our rep sent to us:

Big deal. The pricing I was quoted for this service is still more
expensive than POTS lines. Why should I pay more for a service that
allows US West to quit laying more and more copper to service our
building? (US West has spent many $1000s out of their own pocket. We
have paid nothing beyond standard install fees.)

Recently, We choose to go with MCI Metro for local service, and we pay
under $25 a channel per month for channelized T1 service.

Brian