Re: Ascend -> Radius

Steven P. Crain (scrain@shore.net)
Mon, 28 Jul 1997 13:10:06 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 27 Jul 1997, Tim Patterson wrote:

> My Ascends - > Livingston Radius detail files
> indicate Request-Authenticator = Unverified
> This line does not show up on PM generated detail files.

Our Ascends sign the packets correctly. I would guess you are either
running an old or buggy version of the Ascend OS, or else you don't have
it configured correctly. It needs to have the shared secret in two
places, once for radius and once for accounting.

If it is a Max 40xx,
Ethernet->Mod COnfig->Accounting->Acct Key
Should be set to your RADIUS secret.

Now, tell me, what is this doing under ethernet? ;-)

Steven P. Crain scrain@shore.net http://www.shore.net/~scrain
Shore.Net Unix Development and Administration
An ISP with Excellence in the Greater Boston Area.