Re: Gandalf 5242i

Evan Champion (evanc@synapse.net)
Sun, 27 Jul 1997 10:08:50 -0400

Tom Samplonius wrote:
> Someone has reported on this list that they could get it to work
> with
> CHAP.

Well, I don't do CHAP.

Not that I don't want to, of course. I never figured out how to do CHAP
with RADIUS.

> I've setup Gandalf-to-Gandalf connections before. It didn't seen
> anything particular strange, but I did manage to weasle new software
> out
> of tech support without paying for it. Gandalf tech support is very
> strange.

Even in Gandalf-Gandalf you have to use CHAP because PAP is broken.

> Gandalf is under court protection from creditors, while they try to
> sell
> the place. At this point, they will likely take any bid, so this
> stuff
> will live on a somewhere else.

Yes, now will the somewhere else fix it? Better yet, will the somewhere
else offer me a deal to move to their product because this one doesn't
work and never has? :-)

It is a nice product, but honestly has never worked right from day 1.
And my warranty runs out in December so I suspect my 2 units will become
doorstops.

Evan