Re: Gandalf 5242i

Tom Samplonius (tom@sdf.com)
Sun, 27 Jul 1997 00:19:07 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 27 Jul 1997, Evan Champion wrote:

> Tom Samplonius wrote:
>
> > Make sure the 5242i has routing software on it, not the "teleworker
> > bridge" software. If you have the bridge software, it won't work.
>
> It doesn't work either way, and likely never will now that Gandalf is
> going under. We tried for months working with them, including paying
> for support, and never got anywhere. In fact, they gave up on us rather
> than the other way around.

Someone has reported on this list that they could get it to work with
CHAP.

I've setup Gandalf-to-Gandalf connections before. It didn't seen
anything particular strange, but I did manage to weasle new software out
of tech support without paying for it. Gandalf tech support is very
strange.

Gandalf is under court protection from creditors, while they try to sell
the place. At this point, they will likely take any bid, so this stuff
will live on a somewhere else.

> Evan

Tom