Re: b20 and dying riders

portmaster@ednet.co.uk
Fri, 25 Jul 1997 18:17:27 +0100 (BST)

On Fri, 25 Jul 1997, Jon Rust wrote:

> I'm running b20 on my PM-3's. Occasionally, the riders disappear. No
> alarms, no red lights, sh all and sh linex don't show that anything is
> wrong. Usually there are still about 6 - 10 ports that work, but all the
> others (2 PRIs worth) are gone, so my users get busy signals. Happens
> about once every 2 weeks. A reboot of the PM-3 brings everything back to
> life.

The same thing happened to me, running ComOS 3.5c6. It has only happened
once (after the PM3 had been up for 66 days). Again, no flashing lights
- just lots of users phoning complaining. :( A reboot fixed the problem
and I haven't had any trouble since (current uptime of 24 days).

> If this is a phone co issue, why isn't the PM-3 telling me something's
> wrong?

I phoned my PRI provider and had them go through the logs. Apart from
the 30 second gap in connection when I rebooted there was no problem with
our PRI.

> If it looks like a s/w issue, is this a known bug? It is beta after all...

My version of ComOS is 3.5c6, so maybe some new code in the beta is
aggrevating the problem.

Richard Morrell
edNET systems admin
richard@ednet.co.uk