Re: BGP on dialup links? (was anyway)

Tom Samplonius (tom@sdf.com)
Thu, 24 Jul 1997 09:27:52 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 24 Jul 1997, Scott Leonello wrote:

> On Wed, 23 Jul 1997, MegaZone wrote:
>
> > We are looking at OSPF over dial links, a good case has been built for that.
>
> what about just fixing the OSPF you have first? you never even reply to
> the broken OSPF issues. i have a pool of 400 modems suffering from this

It almost daily that someone from harbourcom.net is ranting about OSPF
problems on this list.

Anyhow, I built a very simple test network, using one PM3, and one spare
ethernet port on a 4500. I was using no OSPF authentication, so checksums
should be used, and I don't see checksum errors on the 4500 at all. The
PM3 is getting routes to the 4500's other interfaces, and the 4500 is
getting routes to the PM3s address pool. Basically, everything works
perfectly. This isn't all, I have about other PMs doing OSPF with Ciscos
(I don't have admin control of those Ciscos), and they work perfectly
too.

The 4500 is running 11.2(4). I noticed that many of the people having
problems are running 11.0 (something). I think this could be a problem.

The PM3 is running 3.5c6

Tom