Re: V.FC support for the PM3

Sherwood Portmaster-List (livingston@iav.com)
Thu, 24 Jul 1997 04:34:43 -1000 (HST)

On Thu, 24 Jul 1997, Marty Likier wrote:

> At 03:59 PM 7/24/97 +0200, Oystein Homelien wrote:
> >Some of our customers still have old V.FC modems which will only connect
> >at 14400 to our PM3 at this time. As far as I can see, the PM3 does not
> >at this time support V.FC. Even though this is a legacy standard, we feel
> >that being a "carrier" operation we need to support it. I know for a fact
> >that the Total Control racks seem to support it, but does or will the PM3
> >software or cards support it eventually?
>
> The PM3 does not support V.FC today, nor do the new Lucent-based modems
> cards (and I don't see us spending engineering cycles to add it either).

Marty, explain why.... V.FC is not a standard, but rather an interim
protocol, like HST and V.Fast, thus is not supported...

Livingston has always announced their support of the Standards set forth
by the ITU...

Thus the V.FC, will not work, but v.32bis (is this the 14.4Kbps protocol?)
will...

--
Aloha from Paradise,

Sherwood