Re: Stoping Multiple logins

Emilio Gomez (emilio.gomez@lightcom.net)
Mon, 21 Jul 1997 16:04:58 -0600

At 06:30 07/21/97 -0500, you wrote:

>On Sun, 20 Jul 1997, Greg Weaver wrote:
>
>> Is there any way I can detect and/or limit multiple logins to a PM2e.
>>
>> I'm using NT boxes for Radius etc, so PmMon is out.
>
>Grab a 496 dx4100, put 32 meg ram and a 1giger.... Put linux on it and
>then give me a call. We've got a perl program that works quite nicely..
>after a threshold limit is reached it disables the account (You have to
>put AccountDiabled as a shell) I would suspect this program would work in
>an NT environment but I haven't had much opportunity to test perl in NT.

... or, have cron run a simple script/prog. Every x minutes, checks who is
logged in. Changes their radius users file entry to no login. When it shows
them no longer on, it puts the entry back. Bout 5-10 lines of Perl I'd say.

Emilio Gomez emilio.gomez@lightcom.net
Director of Operations, Lightspeed Internet
208/736-6224 http://www.lightcom.net/