Re: PM3 and 3.5.1 B20

Tom Samplonius (tom@sdf.com)
Mon, 21 Jul 1997 08:46:32 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 21 Jul 1997, CYGNET Support wrote:

> Recently upgraded one of our PM3 to 3.5.1b20 and now have about 10 percent
> of customer base complaining they can't connect. All they hear is a high
> pitch sqeal. Anyone else seeing this???

I've been seeing this since 3.5c6. Basically, once and once and while
callers get a just a flat tone. It never seems to be reproducable.

I believe what is happening, is that is the PM3 is connecting the call
to a modem that isn't quite ready. So when you hang up and call again,
the modem is working. This is also supported by the fact that I only see
this problem on PM3s with high call turn over.

> Eugene

Tom