Re: quick disconnects with cardinal modems

Sherwood Portmaster-List (livingston@iav.com)
Mon, 21 Jul 1997 05:38:40 -1000 (HST)

On Mon, 21 Jul 1997, Robert Hiltibidal wrote:

> Mistake Number one:
>
> Someone bought Cardinal Modems
>
> Solution:
>
> Trash the Cardinals
>
> Sorry but that's probally going to be the only way to stop the quick
> disconnects. Cardinals are notorious for being unreliable.

Notorious?!?!

Let me tell you! When I was running my Cardinals, I only power cycled 6
individual modems once each! Over an 8 month period! I've seen some
modems that needed to be power cycled at least once a week, not to mention
having to cycle entire racks...

Sorry, but I have to differ, these have been some of the most solid modems
we've ever run!

Anyway, I'm sad now that they support X2.. *shrug* oh, well....

--
Aloha from Paradise,

Sherwood