Re: Multi-link ppp on analog ports of a PM3

Kelley Lingerfelt (pm2e@cococo.net)
Mon, 21 Jul 1997 02:40:28 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 20 Jul 1997, Tom Samplonius wrote:

> On Mon, 21 Jul 1997, Kelley Lingerfelt wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 20 Jul 1997, Stephen Fisher wrote:
> >

> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I was wondering how many other people are still interested in seeing
> > > multi-link ppp on analog modem ports of the PM3.
> > >
> > > It would particularily be useful in areas such as mine where there is no
> > > hope of getting ISDN any time soon. I have had small organizations such
> > > as schools who may not be able to afford / justify getting a 56k
> > > connection with router and csu/dsu from us and would rather just try using
> > > two modems.
> > >
> > > It could also be used for dial-up users who want more bandwidth from their
> > > connection who don't want / can't get ISDN.
> > >

> > This would tend to screw up those duplicate logins also, provided they
> > were calling from different computers.
>
> Huh? I don't understand. You don't get MP, unless you ask for it.

Probably, just my ignorance, but I was assuming that a login with the
same name would get the same address, which if someone decided to give out
their password to someone else, when they both got on, they would get half
of this and half of that, a total clusterf*ck for both logins.

Later
Kelley