Re: adding route for subnetted isdn user

Leonard (pmfan@infinetgroup.com)
Mon, 14 Jul 1997 16:07:05 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 14 Jul 1997, Vic Whaley wrote:

> We recently added a ISDN user on our s0 port. This user has a .240
> subnet. We are running comos 3.5.01. This customer is authenitcated
> via radius. Do we need to add a route? If so do we need to make sure
> the route is attached to the s0 port? How can this be done. This user
> is a dedicated user attached to our portmaster 24hrs a day.

Add Framed-Route to the radius record for the customer:
Framed-Route = "x.x.x.240/nm y.y.y.y 2"
where x.x.x.x is his subnet with nm bits of netmask, and
y.y.y.y is his router's ip (which you set at Framed-IP-Address).
"2" is the metric to his site.
You may also want to add "Port-Limit = 2" if it's BRI.

> He currently dials up and gets connected for about 30 seconds and then
> gets dropped. We are using a 3com Impact IQ as our terminal adapter to
> our portmaster 2e30. The other end is being routed via an ascend
> router.
sorry. can't help you there. I've never touched a PM2e.