Re: Sz and rz problem

Douglas Warren (dwarren@alpha.NetUSA.Net)
Mon, 14 Jul 1997 15:27:17 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 14 Jul 1997, Theo Van Dyne wrote:
> Our customer Douglas Warren says:
> > On Mon, 14 Jul 1997, Rich Burroughs wrote:
> > > We have several PM3s running ComOS 3.5.1b19 and fed by channelized T1s.
> > > This seems to work fine for most things, but I have a co-located client
> > > who is having a weird problem.
> > > They have a custom client/server app. The end user dials into the PM3
> > > and is telnetted to the co-located server and logged in. The server
> > > does an rz and gets some info from the client end of the app, then does
> > > an sz to send some back.
> Here's a post to the list from 12/94 on using sz/rz with the opion "-e"
> for escaping control characters. Don't know if there's new problem with
> though with ComOS 3.5, but doubt it as haven't heard anything the past 8
> months. See if this works for you. Also be sure to use sz/rz from our ftp
> site:
> ftp://ftp.livingston.com/pub/src/sz.tar.Z - the best version of rz/sz we
> know of.

Preliminary tests indicate that this did indeed fix it, however there may
be still something to look into, Mr. Burroughs indicates that the Co-lo
is indeed running Linux, and I can testify that until we upgraded to 3.5
(We were on 3.3.1 previously) the stock rz/sz worked fine. I'm wondering
if there was some change in the port handling that could crop up in other
places? (Again, so far it is only with a modem dialing into a PM running
3.5, and then rlogin-ing into a box running linux (2.0.30 seems to be a
common denominator here as well) and then running sz.) Regardless though
the sz that is on the livingston site seems to be working for us, and I'll
let you know if it isn't.

---