RE: stand up, sit down, rah rah rah (fwd)

Robert Hanson (roberth@cet.com)
Sat, 12 Jul 1997 19:31:54 -0700 (PDT)

having the ability to have secondary ips on a serial interface is quite
convienient at times. either for changing network structure (so to speak)
without disrupting service substantially, or to make network changes on
one side until the other side makes their changes and the interface wont
go down and can be "cleaned up" on the originating side later.

make sense?

wouldnt the same or similar code to do this on the eth interfaces be able
to be incorp'd into doing this on serial interfaces?

serial meaning sync interfaces.

On Sat, 12 Jul 1997, MegaZone wrote:

> Not to much knowlegde - no one has ever asked for that. The only things I
> have ever seen asked for are:
> 1. More Frame-Relay subinterfaces (done in b20).
> 2. Subinterfaces on ethernet.
> -MZ

Robert H. Hanson
422 West Riverside Cutting Edge Communications, Inc.
Suite #516
Spokane, Wa. 99201 Regional Commercial Internet Service Provider
(509) 444-INET email: roberth@cet.com - http://www.cet.com/