Re: PM3 Connections (and USR Sportster)

Sherwood Portmaster-List (livingston@iav.com)
Wed, 9 Jul 1997 01:24:38 -1000 (HST)

On Tue, 8 Jul 1997, Aaron (zim) wrote:

> Just wondering.. has anyone else noticed that connection speeds for
> users are lower? about 95% of my users are connecting at lower speeds
> when dialing into the PM3.. most around 24000, some as low at 19200..
> two could only get 2400.. Just wondering.. i've tried the comos that
> ships w/ the pm3, and b20, and b8.. all seemed about the same.. I'm
> using PRI's w/ the pm3, and not CT1's

Not really.... if you browse through the archives... you'll note that some
are having much better throughput! As for the modem connect speeds...what
are you looking at? Have you tested with file transfers etc...

PRIs should be nice overall, except for some funky modems....

Just did one client with identical USR Sportster Voice Internal 33.6K
modems... same drivers etc...

One worked fantastic.... (of course it was the second one after wasting 30
mins. on the first)... *shrug* had him return it, and am waiting for the
replacement to see...

--
Aloha from Paradise,

Sherwood