Re: Shell Access

Christer Olsson (cox@clavicula.mednet.gu.se)
Wed, 9 Jul 1997 12:36:42 +0200 (CET)

On Tue, 8 Jul 1997, Stephen Zedalis wrote:

NEVER use the radius-server for shell-accounts! That=B4s dangerous!=20

I guess the user wants shell access for running IRC-bots or something.=20
That may give very high traffic because all attacks against IRC-bots.=20

Even muds may give heavy traffic.=20

If you=B4ll give him shell-access, just do that on some different=20
Linux-machine, I.e an old 486 with linux or so. If possible, on a=20
ethernet-switch so the linuxmachine cannot scan the network for passwords=
=20
or so.=20