Re: PM3 stopping?

Jon Lewis (jlewis@inorganic5.fdt.net)
Wed, 9 Jul 1997 02:34:18 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 8 Jul 1997, Tom Samplonius wrote:

> I would like to see a null interface that you could give an address, and
> then add low-priority/high-cost routes. Kinda like:
>
> set null0 address 10.1.1.1
> add route 198.53.215.0/24 10.1.1.1 15
>
> Well, Livingston is working a specialized version of this for
> dynamic address pools. Unfortunately, it will not have the flexibility of
> the null interface idea.

The null0 interface seems a much better idea. Does the PM3 actually not
support this idea? I'd think it would be a requirement (to prevent route
flapping) if you're going to bgp export routes, wouldn't you want to do
something like:

add route 205.229.48.0/20 null0 255
add route 208.215.0.0/20 null0 255

and then BGP export only certain ones of your connected routes?

Jon Lewis <jlewis@fdt.net> | Unsolicited commercial e-mail will
Network Administrator | be proof-read for $199/message.
Florida Digital Turnpike |
________Finger jlewis@inorganic5.fdt.net for PGP public key_______