Re: Scanning usage on portmaster

John-David Childs (jdc@denver.net)
Sun, 6 Jul 1997 16:09:56 -0600 (MDT)

One way I do this is to use SNMP to monitor input/output octets on a
port. Define your own "ratio" of online time to what input/output "should
be" for an active user, and kick off the users who don't meet that ratio.
This can all be done with perl, c, etc.

--

John-David Childs (JC612) @denver.net/Internet-Coach System Administrator Enterprise Internet Solutions & Network Engineer 901 E 17th Ave, Denver 80218 "I used up all my sick days... so I'm calling in dead!"