Re: Fireworks for the 4th on our PM-3

Robert Boyle (robert@garden.net)
Fri, 04 Jul 1997 10:22:37 -0400

At 06:54 AM 07/04/97 -0700, you wrote:
>David Glynn wrote:
>>
>> Oh, and Dale Reed's RADIUS ran right with the PM-3, authenticating it's
>> tail off.
>
>RadiusNT has a tail? That must be a new feature. :)

It has horns and big red eyes too!

>I'm curious what other people have seen for QC on the PM3s? So far, we
>have
>ordered two of them. The first was DOA, but Livingston cross-shipped a
>new
>one Saturday delivery (we where on a tight deadline). Its worked fine.
>We
>justed ordered a second one, and although it works, the power support
>fan
>does not (not that good for a can-of-sardines style equipment).
>
>So far thats 2 for 2 with (what I am guessing) power supply problems.
>When we talked to Livingston about the first one, they said we were
>the first (doesn't every vendor tell you that?) to report a DOA PM3.
>Guess we just have bad luck or something...

So far, we're 3 for 3 no problems at all... I'm glad that Livingston keeps
all the bad ones close to home and sends all the good ones out here to the
east coast. I did notice that they hired a new screw counter that hasn't
mastered the job yet...

-Robert

Robert Boyle - Engineer robert@garden.net WAN/Intranet/Internet Services
Garden Networks: New Jersey's Premier Internet Service Provider
50 Diller Ave. / Newton, NJ 07860 (201)300-9211 10AM-5PM EST
28 Route 46 West / Pine Brook, NJ 07058 (201) 808-5558 10AM-7PM EST
http://www.garden.net Automatic Response: info@garden.net