Re: 56K upgrades <again>

Steven P. Crain (scrain@shore.net)
Thu, 3 Jul 1997 16:02:12 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 17 Jun 1997, Adam Wills (Global 2000) wrote:

> Not that I have a pm3 here (we use USR for X2, and pm2's for all our 33.6
> older dial-ins), but doesnt ascend already ship 56kFlex modems (i.e. they
> already have the interoperability figured out and done?). If so,

Big leap to an unfounded conclusion. Ascend's goal is to get possibly
useful equipment into your hands ASAP. Interoperability is then worked on
gradually until it is finished. That is a different style of marketing.
(We happen to prefer Livingston's style.)

Steven P. Crain scrain@shore.net http://www.shore.net/~scrain
Shore.Net Unix Development and Administration
An ISP with Excellence in the Greater Boston Area.