Re: PM Upgrade

Jeffrey J. Mountin (sysop@mixcom.com)
Thu, 03 Jul 1997 13:31:04 -0500

At 05:51 PM 7/2/97 -0600, Stephen Fisher wrote:

>I always upgrade Portmasters with the users online. You can even leave it
>for a while (or forever?) before rebooting..
>On Wed, 2 Jul 1997, Carl Zemke wrote:
>
>> I was wondering if anyone has tried upgrading the OS on a PM2-30
>> when it is online. I do not have a spare I can swap it with. It is
>> presently at ComOS ver 3.3.2 and seems to have a memory leak.
>>
>> What's the comfort zone of doing this with people online?

That's what a cron reboot is for. No need to dump users and don't have to
be around when it happens.

What I found interesting is that after I did the upgrade to b20 on our
PM3s, some of the users with problem modems started working fine.

Jeff Mountin - System/Network Administrator
jeff@mixcom.net

MIX Communications
Serving the Internet since 1990