Re: Windows and Unix access to modems on PM2

Farshad Tavallaei ((no email))
Wed, 2 Jul 1997 15:43:30 -0700 (PDT)

Larry,

1. Go to www.tactical-sw.com and get the dialout/ip (this is for your win95/NT
machines.
1. keep your in.pmd
3. on the PM, create two modem pools (one for the unix boxes (in.pmd) and one
for the Win95/Nt machines.
4. on the PM do the following for the Win95/NT pool ports:
set sX login network twoway
set sX service_device netdata 7000
reset sX
reset sX
5. on the dialout/ip programe make sure the port it is using to create a
virtual link to the PM is 7000.
6. the ports that are assigned for the unix boxes should remain they way
they are, since they are already working well for you.

NOTE: YOU CAN NOT USE THE SAME MODEMS FOR BOTH in.pmd AND dialout/ip. THAT IS
WHY I WANTED YOU TO CREATE TWO MODEM POOLS.

P.S. Cisco can not do this! the only thing you can do on a cisco is to
reverse telnet to a port and dial out charactor mode (not packet
mode (i.e. ppp))

Good luck!