Re: Modem connect problem with PM3 and USR Courier HST (fwd)

Christer Olsson (cox@clavicula.mednet.gu.se)
Tue, 1 Jul 1997 13:48:10 +0200 (CET)

On Tue, 1 Jul 1997, Christer Olsson wrote:

>=20
>=20
> On Tue, 1 Jul 1997, MegaZone wrote:
>=20
> > Once upon a time Christer Olsson shaped the electrons to say...
> > >I noticed that the old USR Courier HST cannot connect into PM3 with=20
> > >ComOS3.5.1b20 with 2400 bps. Seems as the V22" support is still a bit =
weak.=20
> >=20
> > Did it work ok in an older release of ComOS?
>=20
> Haven=B4t tried myself. Of course, it worked well with our old modempool=
=20
> with USR-modems. But I=B4m now trying every old modem from 2400 bps and u=
p=20
> to confirm the PM3s compatibility..=20

I found that the modem will connect if I disable MNP4 error correcting.=20
It seems as the Postmaster disconnets the modem when it got MNP4=20
handshake. It should go on with MNP4 or without error correction. =20

Because MNP4 is a part of V.42, this is a serious bug and I think the=20
V.42 code in PM3 doesn=B4t support full V.42. I=B4ve to try that with some=
=20
other modem to confirm my suspicions.=20

However, the new modemcards with K56flex is here soon so I think this=20
problem will vanish with the new modemcode from Lucent.=20