Re: Modem connect problem with PM3 and USR Courier HST (fwd)

Christer Olsson (cox@clavicula.mednet.gu.se)
Tue, 1 Jul 1997 12:29:45 +0200 (CET)

On Tue, 1 Jul 1997, MegaZone wrote:

> Once upon a time Christer Olsson shaped the electrons to say...
> >I noticed that the old USR Courier HST cannot connect into PM3 with=20
> >ComOS3.5.1b20 with 2400 bps. Seems as the V22" support is still a bit we=
ak.=20
>=20
> Did it work ok in an older release of ComOS?

Haven=B4t tried myself. Of course, it worked well with our old modempool=20
with USR-modems. But I=B4m now trying every old modem from 2400 bps and up=
=20
to confirm the PM3s compatibility..=20

Old USR HST-modems is known to be incompatible with some other modems so=20
I=B4m not suprised that it don=B4t work. We don=B4t guarantee 1200 and 2400=
=20
speeds because they=B4re obsolete but old MAC Powerbooks with inbuilt 2400=
=20
modems is still common here and works well with PM3 even with=20
ComOS3.5.1b20.

I=B4ll try some settings in the HST modem when I find the manual somewhere.=