Re: Beta ComOS

Sherwood Portmaster-List (livingston@iav.com)
Mon, 30 Jun 1997 22:52:31 -1000 (HST)

On Mon, 30 Jun 1997 sysop@carolina.net wrote:

> We are running the latest beta ComOS and have several users now having
> connection problems with some sportsters and CTX computers. Is anyone
> else seeing this?

from Jaime Boza (sp?):

The Modem Master 6000 is an HSP modem, and thus will not work with the new
PM3 modem code. There are two fixes. (I was on the phone with CTX last
night)

ftp://ftp.ctxintl.com/desktop/modem/
O336BINT.EXE - Update for systems with an Intel processor
O336BCYX.EXE - Update for systems with a Cyrix processor
O336BMMX.EXE - Update for systems with an Intel MMX processor

These updates will update a majority of the Modem Master 6000's. They
will *NOT* fix all of them. Apparantly, CTX doesn't use the same cards
all the time, though they call them the same Model. Go figure.

there is also a site for the pctel modem someone posted, I'll post links
on:

http://iav.com/~livingston/modeminit.html

as time permits.

Goto: