Re: Multilink PPP (fwd)

Stephen Zedalis (tintype@exis.net)
Wed, 30 Apr 1997 09:40:12 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 29 Apr 1997, Charlie Clemmer wrote:

>I'm more concerned about interoperability with other vendor's equipment.
>I would think that multilink ppp would be available on any interface using
>ppp.
>How does livingston provide line balancing over async?

Same way as their analog modem multilink. They were using this long
before the MLPPP became popular in ISDN. And yes they do use it on every
interface that makes sense. It is only later that they provided MLPPP
and MCPPP per RFC, as ISDN makes more use of it than the old proprietary
protocol, and its a multivendor standard.