Re: PM3 and X2

Kevin Smith (kevin@ascend.com)
Tue, 29 Apr 1997 12:19:36 -0700

At 07:17 AM 4/29/97 -0700, Marty Likier wrote:
>At 01:25 PM 4/28/97 +0200, Ralf Sauther wrote:
>>Hello,
>>
>>is Livingston planning to support X2 with a PM3 or will it only support
>>K56flex ? Many of our customers use USR-Modems and as far as i know, USR
>>only supports X2.
>
>No. We are firmly committed to the K56flex camp. I know we have been there
>before, but X2 is USR proprietary. And if anyone considers K56flex to be
>proprietary, at least it allows 70-75% of the modem market to
interoperate. ;-)

And it appears that this whole fiasco may well backfire on USR as ISPs and
others start to recommend and specify non-USR client modems - reducing their
client modem market share even further....

Kevin Smith Updated Service and Support
Customer Satisfaction Resources are now at:
Ascend Communications http://www.ascend.com/service