Re: US West -> Digital Switched Service

Brian Elfert (brian@citilink.com)
Mon, 28 Apr 1997 14:26:38 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 28 Apr 1997, John G. Thompson wrote:

> In addition to the RBOCs I would STRONGLY suggest getting information or
> quotes from the other telco providers like MCI, Sprint, MFS, Willtel,
> Brooks, and TCG. They may be able to offer you the same or better service
> for less.
>
> Make the telcos WORK for your business!!! :)

This is true. Here in Minneapolis, MN, MCI is just getting started. They
are charging about $25 per channel per month for trunk side T1s. MCI does
not plan to charge any install fees during 1997.

US West charges about $55 per channel for the same service. They also
charge about $100 per channel install.

(Please note that MCI is metered outbound, and US West is doing flat rate
outbound. Both have no charges for inbound traffic.)

Guess who gets our business? If MCI can do PRI at anywhere near these
rates, we can say bye-bye to US West BRI too.

Brian