Re: US West -> Digital Switched Service

John G. Thompson (jgt10@livingston.com)
Mon, 28 Apr 1997 11:25:07 -0700

I had a LONG conference call with US West two weeks ago.

They base their T1 pricing per state based on agreements with the state PUC
or equivalent.

My understanding is that they have two T1 services: Basic and Advanced DSS.

Basic DSS MAY have an analog conversion between the CO switch and the PM3.
Advanced DSS will be a full digital link.

In addition to the RBOCs I would STRONGLY suggest getting information or
quotes from the other telco providers like MCI, Sprint, MFS, Willtel,
Brooks, and TCG. They may be able to offer you the same or better service
for less.

Make the telcos WORK for your business!!! :)

JGT
IP petro primate

--
John G. Thompson       Livingston Enterprises Inc.    Phone: (800) 458-9966
JOAT(MON)              4464 Willow Road                 Fax: (510)737-2110